Get Connected!

Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!

Sorry, we currently have no events.
View All Events

Thank you Mattia, and thank you for all the work you've put in to making AA!

Read More...

Thank you Jasem for spreading the word! I really appriciate that a lot!
I looked at metaguide. It's interesting. But I dont know much about SCT's.
With CollimationCircles everything is manual. No fancy algorithms in background.
But I belive you can always use bathinov mask on SCT too and perform precise final colimation using the mask and bathinov patern in CC.

Read More...

Thank you Simon. I was talking with a friend of mine a couple of days ago:

So I recommend your software to him and he said this:
So I have no idea what to say since I've always used refractors.

Read More...

I just tested it with my home PC (Opensuse 15.5, Kstars 3.7.0 INDI 2.0.7 from download.opensuse.org/repositories/Appli...trophotography/15.5/ )

Same behaviour. The twilight is changed but the schduler stops like there is no dawn offset!

Read More...

There is new version 3.2.0 beta5 available!

Changes are:
Finally camera controls should work for UVC cameras on Windows (through DShow) and Linux (through V4L2).
Performance improvements

Full change log: github.com/sajmons/CollimationCircles/co....version-3.2.0-beta5

github.com/sajmons/CollimationCircles/releases

Read More...

Here you are Denis. Indi_properties.txt in attachement.

File Attachment:

File Name: indi_properties_2024-05-09.txt
File Size: 48 KB

Read More...

yes. the tasks are something that are spawned and managed by the kernel itself, it is the kernel itself which decides for example how many kworker to spawn (those are the one that do actual job on the computer), KDE spawns few processes as well (I believe but take this with a grain of salt, more than XFCE) but the kernel we are running on AA is waaaaaay more recent than the one from AB (and also 20% more efficient in multitasking, I don't recall if that happened in version 6.1 or 6.2)

It is hard to reach a sweet point between ready to be used out of the box and being light but we always try to evaluate every thing from both perspective (for example, the gps daemon is turned off by default cause not everyone will be using that).

I believe most of those tasks are actually used by useful processes but I will look into this by myself to see if there is something else that may be disabled at boot time bv default!

Read More...

I tried it on my linux PC (KStars 3.7.0): same behaviour.
I tried also to set "repeat until", but to get that end date work, I have to unselect the twilight constrained. If I do that ist starts ASAP until the end time. BUT if I set Startup "On" time the greedy scheduler is EMPTY! The "nest start" in the scheduler list tells me the time I set, but Greedy tells me: empty schedule. Only the mount is unparked. nothing more... Status keeps on "scheduled"....

Read More...

There was indeed a bug in guide simulator which was fixed in GIT.

Read More...

Dear Kstars/Ekos - just a small thing - I’m trying to use he camera simulators while I work through mechanical issues on my Mount - and have found that the guide camera simulator is stuck with an incorrect pixel size of 1200, rather than 5.86 which would represent my camera. Thanks if you can help.

Read More...

Kindly update to StellarMate v1.8.2,

Read More...

Hi all,
due to the short nights in summer I take pictures until the sun reached 15° under horizon. To get that I change the dusk and dawn offset. In yesterdays session I changed dawn offset to +0.5h. In the scheduler tab the twilight changed from 23:19 - 03:17 to 23:19 - 03:44. So in principle Kstars/Ekos get the change.

But when starting the scheduler, it tells me that due to twilight it will only take pictures until 03:14! There is no other constrained that causes that (the object is very high, altitude obove 70°, my horizon is lower)

Screenshot and schedule is attached.

What can I do to change this?

File Attachment:

File Name: NGC590508_12Zoll_rot-90.esl.zip
File Size: 1 KB

Read More...

Thanks Mattia! I'm not worried about AA, per se, more that I've missed something causing the apparent performance difference.

For example, I noticed the Astroberry is running only 167 tasks (1 running, 166 sleeping) while AA is running 182 tasks (1 running, 181 sleeping).

There's also a sizable difference in memory. Astroberry has 3381.3 GB memory available, while AA has only 2841. But Astroberry has 3174.8GB "free" while AA has only 2341.0 GB "free". I'm a bit confused on this.

Both are configured for 1920x1080 resolution.

Astroberry is set for 128MB GPU mem, while AA is set for 256.

Thanks!

Read More...

Hi,
I bought an ASI220mm for my zwo standard size oag recently. I am trying to test it in daylight to see that it works and focus it a bit. Using it in my real system with ekos.
I upgraded stellarmate OS up to 1.8.2 using APT-GET UPDATE, and then APT-GET DIST-UPGRADE, and that solved a problem with getting the indi driver asi_ccd to load and run the 220mm successfully. Set up a train to use just the 220mm and take a pic. Can't find a ZWO manual pdf on the 220mm, but am going with a gain of 100 for now. Ekos would abort trying to take a pic with this train and refers me to the indi control panel for more info. I have been there multiple times and have set the configuration in its option tab for the 220mm, and finally got it to take a pic when I set the expose time to 1 sec. But it still fails and refuses to take a pic if I ask for an exposure of less than 1 sec. I think there must be some ?indi control panel param? somewhere to set less than 1 sec, but I cannot find it. And of course I want to set the exposure to about .001 sec, so I can then work on focus, which works with the other 4 zwo cameras I have. The specifications about 220mm at agena astro and highpoint scientific say I should be able to expose anywhere from 32 microsecs to 10 sec. Any suggestions where ekos might be forcing me to 1 second minimum?
Thanks,
Wally

Read More...

Mattia replied to the topic 'GPS using UART mode?' in the forum. 16 hours 40 minutes ago

Thanks, will add this to the documentation!

Read More...